18 July 2020

Oh Ick!

With retirement and Covid conspiring to make every day deadeningly the same, and the heat around here hitting the higher 90's (36ºC) so that even going outside is a misery, and of course Trump, I've fallen into quite the funk the past couple of days.  And retirement was going so well... until I couldn't go anywhere or do anything because of the plague and the freakin' idiots that insist on prolonging it.  Anywho, I realized this morning that the only way to get out of this was to actually DO something, even if I didn't feel like doing so.  So I cleaned my bedroom and bath, took out the trash, and did a couple of other things that made me active and feeling useful.  Feel much better now.  But I do have the feeling that the earliest anything will break will be the election.  Oh ick!

5 comments:

  1. did you dress up in your french maid outfit when you cleaned? :)

    todd went to the grocery store early this morning, while I took some home-grown cucumbers to a local food bank. the single cuke plant is giving us more than we can eat, so we share with those who are less fortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. I had been doing better but slumped again this week. The pandemic is being handled much differently (i.e. better) here than in the USA, but I can't help myself and read the news every morning. Impossible to not slump. Do we dare hold out hope for a better tomorrow?

    And, by the way, I've never seen Minions (the movie, movies?). Is that a Maidion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Minions are adorable; such a brilliant invention. I only saw the first 2 Despicable Me movies.

      Delete
  3. You sweet little house minion you, it will all be okay, it really will all be okay, in the words of Mrs Slocum, "EVENTUALLY!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, gardening is keeping me sane, especially this year.

    ReplyDelete