08 July 2020

Toot, toot! Ding, Ding!

Being a huge fan of urban rail: subway, elevated, light rail, people mover, etc., one of the things I miss most these days is riding the DC Metro.  It's largely running back to normal at this point, but neither I nor AH feel comfortable riding it yet.  Deprived of one  of my great pleasures in living here, I find myself looking longingly at pictures and YouTubes of the trains.  The system has some pretty cool things about it.













3 comments:

  1. it IS unique in its architecture. RTG and I rode it many times in the years we lived in VA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was one of the things I loved about living in DC in the '80s. I walked to work, but used Metro whenever I could for other activities. A beautiful system. I'm glad they're making the long-needed improvements. It was stunning in the early years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The subway, is one of the prime reasons I moved here. I miss it and look forward to returning, in time, when it is safer.

    ReplyDelete