13 July 2020

Yer Another Puzzlement

I'm pondering another social media conundrum.  I really despise Facebook, and am on yet another hiatus from it at present, but all sorts of friends post to it.  Hence, all sorts of friends see what I post, and so I manage to easily stay in touch and have the occasional banter with them.  I really prefer to blog, but I don't know how many FB friends read the blog, and thus far it has not generated much banter.  I'd love to just leave FB altogether, but I don't want to do that if it means losing contact with my friends there.  Anybody have any clever ideas on what to do?
-- Bewildered in Northern Virginia



5 comments:

  1. I wish I did. I'm having the same "word of the day." I tried to get my friends who always read my blog to sign up for email notification so I could leave facebook. The majority never got around to it. I really do like that they read my blog, but i wish they wouldn't require me to stay on facebook for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ignore most of the crap on FB, though I have to admit the first thing on m feed this morning was from a moron that made me want to tell someone "You Really Can't be that stupid!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. all my friends are on blogs; mark zuckerberg should catch COVID-19 and DIE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My eldest pointed out that she checks it once a week, this seems to be quite sensible. She says she does it just to check in with friends.

    I'm still holding it responsible for the decline of our early blogging days 😭

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once a week, what a great idea. Thank M. for me!

      Delete