As March is just around the corner, and since I am a devoted alumnus of Villanova and Duke, I thought it might be worth mentioning some amusing organizational peculiarities of NCAA basketball.
- The Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference is nowhere near the Mideast
- The Big 10 has 18 teams
- The Big 12 has 16
- The Big East Conference has 11 members; all but 1 are Catholic institutions (I was hoping they'd call it the Pontifical League) and the "East" stretches as far as Nebraska (big indeed); all but 1 school have blue as one of their school colors
- The Atlantic Coast Conference includes, in geographical order, Notre Dame, Southern Methodist U, Stanford, and the University of California

Sort of like how "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" Trilogy has 5 books.
ReplyDeleteExcept there it all made sense.
DeleteBasketball players are so rude to one another, it is so hard to get the ball in the basket and they keep getting in one another's way.
ReplyDeleteYour sports knowledge never ceases to amaze me... 🙄
DeleteWe follow the University of Dayton basketball team. UD is in the A10 Conference which now has 15 teams in it. Whatever...we love our Dayton Flyers!
ReplyDeleteThis is the most interesting basketball info I’ve ever read.
ReplyDelete😊
Delete