21 July 2025

Stoicism in Practice

Seeking to do only what it is in my power to do, I wrote the two US senators from Texas, who got money in the Big Bad Budget to move the Space Shuttle Discovery from the Udvar-Hazy center of the Smithsonian here in Virginia to Houston:
 
Ain't rustlin' other folks' Space Shuttles against the law in yer parts? 
-- A Pound VIRGINIAN! 
 
I am now informed that the Smithsonian has pointed out that the shuttle is owned by the Smithsonian, not the federal government. Congress has no power to do anything with it.
 
And Ted Cruz has his law degree from Harvard while Cornyn has his law degree from UVa, of all places???  

6 comments:

  1. Do you ever just get exhausted? Oh, never mind, if you do you would respond to it with wisdom and virtue like any good stoic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've also been known to close the blinds, pull the sheets up over my head, and hope everything's better when I wake up.

      Delete
  2. An 85-million-dollar boondoggle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go regularly to The Stoics to calm my blood pressure and keep the public buildings from not being burned.

    ReplyDelete