27 November 2025

Gratitude

For reasons I have yet to fathom, I can find gratitude--in the broad Thanksgiving sense--a bit difficult. I have no problem thanking people for a good turn or a kindness, and make certain to do so on every occasion. But the big "What am I thankful for?" tends to puzzle me. It was a custom in my family, when I was very young, to go around the Thanksgiving dinner table and say what we were thankful for. Even as a little, tiny hamster I had trouble, and mother would be irked by what I came up with. Age has only slightly improved the situation, but at this point I can always be grateful I've lived as long as I have. Anyway... as I said, I have no trouble thanking people who have done me good, so I'd like to thank you all for following my peculiar cyber-ravings, for the sweethearts who comment and have become friends, and those who silently come by to see what I'm up to. (Yes, I look at the total number of hits.) Life still remains generally better than the alternative. 

10 comments:

  1. I’m like you when it comes to the “What am I thankful for” exam on Thanksgiving. My family never did it -- and I’m at least thankful for that. Wishing you a happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your dilemma but I hope that you are grateful for the greatest president in world history and for his kindness in sending The National Guard into Washington D.C. in order, it seems, to boost the restaurant trade. Shame that he approved the asylum claim of the Afghan national who shot two guardsmen yesterday. It wasn't on Wicked Joe Biden's watch after all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy I forswore the news back in January...

      Delete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving Sweetie Bear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving to you and David!

    ReplyDelete