It's the Easter Bat! And I agree with Mitchell -- creepily cute!
About your new quotation under the blog banner -- is it really true that the universe is infinite and eternal? I thought at some point it is supposed to expand to the point where it essentially implodes upon itself or something.
Cox pointed out that though we do not know for certain that universe is infinite and eternal, in relation to our own lives it is for all intents and purposes. He was talking about how science contributes to our understanding of the human condition. The current view is that the universe will continue to expand and cool until it reaches the "heat death" at which the entire universe is so uniformly cold that all matter and energy falls apart and we're left with nothing--so to speak. Estimate on that is about 100 trillion years. I don't plan on sticking around for it.
Not of the plush variety, but we have a large collection of small, semi-precious stone bunnies, and some pottery and glass. A bit tricky to photograph, but I really should put them up. I think you've given me the necessary impetus.
I can’t decide if these images are cute or creepy. Creepily cute!
ReplyDeleteIt's the Easter Bat! And I agree with Mitchell -- creepily cute!
ReplyDeleteAbout your new quotation under the blog banner -- is it really true that the universe is infinite and eternal? I thought at some point it is supposed to expand to the point where it essentially implodes upon itself or something.
Cox pointed out that though we do not know for certain that universe is infinite and eternal, in relation to our own lives it is for all intents and purposes. He was talking about how science contributes to our understanding of the human condition. The current view is that the universe will continue to expand and cool until it reaches the "heat death" at which the entire universe is so uniformly cold that all matter and energy falls apart and we're left with nothing--so to speak. Estimate on that is about 100 trillion years. I don't plan on sticking around for it.
DeleteThe world needs more bunnies.
ReplyDeleteDo you have a lot of bunnies in your collection of animals in your home?
ReplyDeleteNot of the plush variety, but we have a large collection of small, semi-precious stone bunnies, and some pottery and glass. A bit tricky to photograph, but I really should put them up. I think you've given me the necessary impetus.
DeleteI think you got these disturbing images from a horror film called "Animal Insanity"... or "A.I." for short.
ReplyDeleteI like the bat best.
ReplyDeleteThese are brilliant 😍
ReplyDelete