08 December 2025

And Now for Something Completely Different...

Old Town North!!!  Old Town North is a latterly development --brace yourself-- directly north of Old Town (the old Colonial center of Alexandria). Done with considerable sensitivity to the older architecture, OTN blends seamlessly with Old Town getting progressively more modern and open till you hit the green-space park along the George Washington Parkway, where Alexandria ends.
This building is the Alexandria Schools rowing center. Yes, the Alexandria high schools have crew teams.

A park stretches along the river; at the south end, a new addition is being built with swings that overlook the river. How lovely!

There are black squirrels in Northern Virginia and DC

The abandoned railroad tracks that went out to the industries along the river: shipbuilding, a Ford plant, and others, have been turned into part of the east coast hiking trail.
The place is so safe you can detail your Porsche out on the curb
Our go-to standard supermarket is up there too; the tree has been in the lobby now for nearly a month. Harrumph! 

And here's another accident; I believe it was taken whilst putting my phone back in my jacket pocket. I think it looks kinda cool...



12 comments:

  1. Not quaint like the rest of old town, but still beautiful. And what a clever name for the area. Where is the tree that connects to that root?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pocket photo looks like modern abstract art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've always taken pride in my pockets... 😘

      Delete
  3. You guys have an abundance of photogenic places to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I imagine that the black squirrels were once enslaved by the Wicked Hamster dynasty to work on their profitable nut plantations. It's laudable that the black squirrels are now emancipated - Good God Almighty - Free At Last!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen a black squirrel, they're all grey here (the native red ones were driven out).

    ReplyDelete