19 July 2026

Avant-Garde

I was going through my recent photos and discovered what are clearly cutting edge, experimental pieces:
I can understand what happened with the first two, but where the turquoise--or is it aqua--square came from I haven't a clue. I also do groundbreaking, abstruse short film:
From the sublime to the mundane & meteorological, as of 2:46 (14:46) on July 18th (18 July), the air temperature was 94ºF (34.4ºC) with a heat index (i.e. feels like) of 108ºF (42.2ºC). That, my gentle readers, is freakin' absurd.

16 comments:

  1. The weather is freaking absurd but the filmography and stills are groundbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weather sounds like ours this week.
    I don't know how I do it, but I have created an entire series of fingertip pictures with my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always save those "mistakes" with a camera, some of them are real gems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As an artiste, clearly you do not fear to go where no man has gone before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back in the day, we often saw a thumb in the corner of the photo or film when my Mom was taking the shots! Always brings back a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is why I never carried a camera in the field: I could either flee from bears and moose or film my death throes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are photos from the artist's Disoriented Period.

    I understand. There is neat photo on my phone of some sort of desert plant. I am unable to discern whether it was intentional or an accident. I have decided to live with the mystery.

    Will Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Disoriented Period"... brilliant! (That period has lasted a few decades now.)

      Delete
  8. My phone is full of the like. Usually instigated by my grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes yes yes to the first one.

    ReplyDelete