22 July 2026

Viennese Odds & Ends

public use hammocks 
cap of one of the chivalric orders
Franz-Josef's christening blanket
the Lindt chocolate flagship store
milk & dark running chocolate


David had a white hot chocolate
 
coffee bar at hotel breakfast (the Viennese really know how to breakfast)

and the juices were delightful 
yes, the yellow sign on the military vehicle is for a student driver & the sign says FAHRSCHULE="driving school"
School outing on a tram
this was sooooooooooo cool!!! (see also:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabula_Peutingeriana)

the heavenly apple strudel; the pastry is soft and smooth, not crunchy as you find in the States
one of my absolute favorites, Leberknödelzuppe = liver dumpling soup (don't knock it till you've tried it)
a group of Albanians were staying at our hotel, there to cheer on their country's entry in the Eurovision song contest (ya don't see that every day)
not an Albanian

7 comments:

  1. These are wonderful. I would have spent a fortune. Lindt headquarters would have taken all my self control. I love the idea of David having a “white-hot” chocolate. And now I’m fantasizing about having hot and cold running chocolate from our taps. Did you come home with any Viennese ducks? Or Freud memorabilia?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just knew somebody would catch the white-hot; that's the best phrasing I could come up with. David got a "Tell me about your mother" t-shirt, and I got a Sisi duck; I already had a Franz-Josef and a Mozart. 🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆

      Delete
  2. Oh yes, ol' Vladimir "Laser-Eyes" Lenin strikes again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I have a Freud duck! It sits in my office !

    ReplyDelete