That is a most astute comment. But, as part of my ongoing reform program, I left them the way they were. I am determined to be less of a fussy old queen.
David's are on the left but Christ Almighty! How many kitchen towels do you need? America is known worldwide as the land of excess but that is ridiculous!
In our defense, I would note we use "bar towels" as kitchen towels, 15" (38cm) square, not very big. And the rack in the photo is 16" long. The their size means we go through a lot of them, and the number allows us to use them freely but not run out before we toss them in the wash. Some of David's major cooking projects use several at one go.
So, have you already refolded them?
ReplyDeleteThat is a most astute comment. But, as part of my ongoing reform program, I left them the way they were. I am determined to be less of a fussy old queen.
DeleteDavid's are on the left but Christ Almighty! How many kitchen towels do you need? America is known worldwide as the land of excess but that is ridiculous!
ReplyDeleteIn our defense, I would note we use "bar towels" as kitchen towels, 15" (38cm) square, not very big. And the rack in the photo is 16" long. The their size means we go through a lot of them, and the number allows us to use them freely but not run out before we toss them in the wash. Some of David's major cooking projects use several at one go.
DeleteCome to think of it, wasn't it one of your countrymen who said Nothing succeeds like excess. 🤪
DeleteHahahahahahaha!
ReplyDeleteFocus on the important details, and close enough works for the rest.
ReplyDeleteOh, I wondered why David mentioned kitchen towels in his reply to your comment! ;)
ReplyDeleteAKA Pick your battles, what is my part in the solution, or how much does it bother me and do I want to be on the committee to fix this?
ReplyDeleteWill Jay
Indeed. Marriage has taught me over the years, and it took years, to just leave it.
DeleteI think part of the success of our relationship is that we kinda enjoy how different we are from each other.
ReplyDelete