03 February 2026

I'm Not the Only One...

 who likes to sleep in (Brit. lie in) around here.
In case you're wondering, this little darling's name is "Townie", so called because I bought him in Georgetown, but we already had a pet named George (a European hedgehog from Yorkshire).  It's a good story: the shop has just recently opened and in I walk, take one look, and say "I'll take the sheep."  The woman behind the counter was delighted, but said she didn't have a bag big enough for the cute little rascal.  So I simply tucked him under my arm, walked down the sidewalk, got on a bus to the Metro station, and took the train home. Not a word was said, and barely a long glace given.  Life in the big city, they've seen weirder.

9 comments:

  1. Wicked had a little sheep, little sheep... yada yada yada. Townie’s a beauty. I need a sleep-in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A train traveller with a lamb under his arm? Almost as crazy as a felonious, ignorant, orange-coloured TV show host running a country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mere words cannot describe how awful this is. Every day something ridiculous or terrible. I've pretty much lost any respect for my country; I refuse to stand for the national anthem (with now gets played before every National Symphony performance, kinda like Gilbert & Sullivan). At least Thatcher had a brain, an evil one, granted, but a brain nonetheless.

      Delete
  3. You certainly have a large collection of critters in your home! Have you counted them all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, now that you mention it, I haven't. I did with the penguins back in Lexington, as you may recall, but never did the critters here. I should; it's so like me to do that...

      Delete
  4. I love the sheep. I always wanted a goat but I'm guessing the nearest I'll get is a toy one.

    ReplyDelete