01 March 2026

Trivial Update

This is a late update. It is late because I didn't wake up until 11:30 (that's AM for us non-metric folks). Life lesson learned: Do not take an over-the-counter allergy pill with the night-time pills. Happily, I survived. Also in the news, I discovered yesterday from my sister-in-law that I have a burial plot! Nice for someone to finally tell me. It was originally my bother's (i.e. her husband's) back in the day when he was a Catholic priest. My parents bought it next to theirs. He left and got married. He bought plots for him and his wife next to one another. Apparently I inherited the vacant berth---which I'm not going to use either. If anyone out there has always wanted to be buried in Cleveland, let me know... 

13 comments:

  1. Question: is being buried in Cleveland redundant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drive several times a week past the cemetery where I'm due to be scattered some day under the terms of my pre-planned end-of-life package. Of course, now I think of THAT every bloody time I drive past it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the problem if you're planted close to home...

      Delete
  3. I think you would haunt me if I planted you in Cleveland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have to dig the hole yourself? Have you got a spade? Please be careful in case the sides of the hole cave in and bury you alive. Mind you, I guess that that would save on funeral costs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The incisive logic of your mind never ceases to amaze me.

      Delete
  5. Whoever Unknown is who asked the first question: That gave me a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I gave up a burial plot also. I just want to be cremated and have my ashes scattered at my favorite hiking spot. You can sell plots back to the cemetery as some need extra plots as cemeteries have filled up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my plan, provided I actually own the plot. An inquiry has been sent.

      Delete
  7. I hope to be scattered in my favourite spot by the sea. Maybe putting my ashes inside a small balsa wood model boat, setting it on fire and pushing it out to sea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the idea of the model boat!!! ⛵︎⛵︎⛵︎

      Delete