04 August 2020

Disappointment

Well, the hurricane came through hours earlier than expected, and I slept through it.  Dang!  I like a good storm, and this one apparently packed quite a wallop.  The view from the terrace, glassed in, 3 storeys up, on the top of a hill, can be quite spectacular (better if they'd just cut some of the dang trees down that block the view to Old Town Alexandria).  Happily, as near as I can tell, the damage amounted to some fallen trees and a bit of flooding, but nothing terrible that I have read.  ⚡️😴⚡️😴⚡️😴

3 comments:

  1. it started here around 5a, ended by 2p here. we have 2 small tree limbs down, nothing major. there is flooding/evacuations if you live near a stream/river though. glad it's over and no serious problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother told me about old trees down in his neighborhood in Brooklyn, but I don't know how hard hit the area really was. It sounds like some places really suffered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you on those trees.

    ReplyDelete