21 March 2025

Hamster's Household Hints: In a Jam

For quite some time now, I've been exclusively using only one brand of jam, because of it's supreme quality:  Rigoni di Asiago's Fior di Frutta.  It is organic, produced with much less sugar (especially compared with American brands), and has the most incredibly intense and delicious fruit flavor I've ever tasted.  The raspberry is positively angelic, in the strawberry & wild strawberry you can actually taste the wild strawberry - a flavor I have not tasted since I was a kid.   Flavors that are rare in the US are available, like lingonberry, wild blueberry, cranberry, pear, and black currant.  Really, I can't say enough about this stuff; divine is too weak a description.
 
Depending on where you live, you may be able to find it in an Italian grocery.  I mail-order it online, several jars at a time.  You're more likely to get the full panoply of flavors online.  They also have an incredible cocoa/hazelnut spread called Nocciolata, which puts Nutella to shame, as well as Italian varietal honeys (Oh Honey!) 



7 comments:

  1. Sounds good, and it’s available for order online here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to check for it at our Italian Centre grocery store next time I'm there! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where are your ordering it online? I see several sources, no local stores {shock}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.vitacost.com/ and https://italianfoodonline.com/

      Delete
  4. Patience above when was the last time I had jam? When I have toast nowadays I use Bousin cheese or Marmite.

    ReplyDelete