23 June 2025

St. Andrews

We return to our travelogue with a day-trip to St. Andrews, an easy train ride from Edinburgh, home to a world-famous golf course and a world-class university.  A lovely and lively place.  Very glad we went. (Warning: many photos) 
 
across the Firth of Forth  

St. Andrews

the course

university and environs

the town

ruins of St. Andrews cathedral


 

11 comments:

  1. Great photos. It looks like a beautiful city for a stroll. Too bad about the golf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great day out, and there is even a poopsie walking away photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I don't believe it rained all the while we were in Scotland, come to think of it.

      Delete
  4. Isn't that bridge in the second photo amazing!? I can't imagine how they built that!
    Thanks for all of the wonderful pics. I will never get there so it is great to have this tour with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos of such a charming town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it nice? I was once considering going to grad school at the university there. (But all I got was the t-shirt)

      Delete
  6. I was most impressed by the sunshine and clear skies! I don't think I've ever seen that in a photo from Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The weather was gorgeous all the while, but I could have done with a touch of Scottish gloom, just for effect.

    ReplyDelete