24 September 2025

True Confessions

Every so often, I get concerned that my blog might be too trivial. Yes, it appears people find it amusing, perhaps even endearing to some, but other blogs I follow share personal happenings of daily life, profound realizations, autobiographical details, etc. Mine is much more on the humorous side, in part because early on in life I learned I was good at making people laugh. This became my "go to" since (you might find this hard to believe) I am actually a shy and socially awkward person (in my own view of myself). One on one, with someone I share an experience with, even meeting the first time, I can be very outgoing, engaging, and friendly; crowds of people I don't know... total wall flower. 

I also notice that most of my blog is, in one way or another, visual. Now I am a great lover of the beautiful, and I love taking pictures, but I'm also an very good writer, and have gotten compliments on my way with words pretty much all my life. And it's not just the written word. A very close and dear friend years ago remarked: "You know, when you speak I can actually hear the semi-colons." (BTW, is still agonize over whether putting ending punctuation inside or outside quotation marks is better; Manual of Style be damned!)

So, I'm thinking of writing more and getting more personal, from time to time, not exclusively. What do y'all think? 

 

11 comments:

  1. I think whatever you decide to share will be wonderful. I love your writing, your wit, and your photographs. However, I find it fascinating to learn more about writes’ lives and histories. SG and I were both drawn to you the minute we met.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are such a Sweetie!!! Same goes for SG. 😘

      Delete
  2. "I'm also an very good writer..." Shouldn't that be "a very good writer" not "an"?

    Blogs can evolve and change. You don't need to be stuck in one groove. I look forward to you opening up and being honest with your recollections, thoughts and reflections while not losing the mischievous wit that has coloured so many of your past offerings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was that the perfect sentence to make that typo in or what...ðŸĪŠ Many thanks for your kind and thoughtful reply (I knew you had it in you)..

      Delete
  3. It is your corner of the internet, do what you want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will check in each day no matter what you decide to do. I agree with Travel - do what you want to do! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As long as you always use the Oxford comma, everything should be OK (it's the equivalent of not wearing white shoes before Memorial Day or after Labor Day).

    Will Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fear not; they'll have to pry my Oxford comma out of my cold, dead, and withered hands.

      Delete
  6. Shoot baby, let it out! Make it up - this seems to be the vogue nowadays.

    ReplyDelete