“Improve everything in order to achieve apotheosis.” -- M.C. Rockwell
29 January 2026
10,000 Pardons... Again
Once again, I have become negligent in my blogging duties. I am awash in shame and self-loathing. I fear preoccupation and laziness are to blame. Be assured, I shall return...
On behalf of your humble subjects, may I say that we all understand the heavy demands of your regal programme - with ambassadors to meet and parties to hold in your new golden ballroom - the finest the world has ever seen (and it did not cost us a penny!). It is amazing that you ever find time to blog and we appreciate it with all our hearts. Praise him! Praise him!
Ya know, I've always wondered what it was for. An old cartoon had someone ask a sage "What is life for?" The sage replied "Life is doing stuff. As opposed to death, which is not doing stuff."
Well, as long as it’s only preoccupation and laziness. But it might be time to get off the throne.
ReplyDeleteOn behalf of your humble subjects, may I say that we all understand the heavy demands of your regal programme - with ambassadors to meet and parties to hold in your new golden ballroom - the finest the world has ever seen (and it did not cost us a penny!). It is amazing that you ever find time to blog and we appreciate it with all our hearts. Praise him! Praise him!
ReplyDeleteHeavy is the head that wears the crown.
ReplyDeleteMy sleepy little hamster.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry about it!
ReplyDeleteLife is for living.
ReplyDeleteYa know, I've always wondered what it was for. An old cartoon had someone ask a sage "What is life for?" The sage replied "Life is doing stuff. As opposed to death, which is not doing stuff."
DeleteJust hate when this happens.
ReplyDelete