The Briscoe Museum of Western Art and Sculpture Garden is a real gem. I admit, I first thought "Cowboy art, oh goody... not 😣" I couldn't have been more wrong. The collection is brilliant, powerful, moving, creative; and the bronzes just took my breath away. Enjoy!




























I can appreciate the exceptional works but it’s not a genre that sings to me.
ReplyDeleteWonderful! But it does all seem to be "The West" as seen through white/European eyes. A big dose of indigenous art would enhance the collection and bring a very different perspective.
ReplyDeleteA wonderful find, and just across from the hotel.
ReplyDeleteCool!
ReplyDeleteIs that The Giant Ohioan Hamster in the third picture? The last known survivor of the species was spotted in Solon which is a suburb of Cleveland. He was rooting around by the dumpsters at the rear of The Burntwood Tavern on Solon Road.
ReplyDeleteSeriously though, that's a museum that I would enjoy visiting.
🤣🤣🤣 The rare and exquisite Cuyahoga Hamster can indeed by most vicious when provoked.
Delete