I was watching the Olympics a couple days ago, and watched the Italian ice dancing couple perform. I was struck by the music the skated to which, as NBC kindly noted, was the theme from Diamanti (Engl. "Diamonds") an Italian film from 2024. Enraptured--and me being me--I researched, downloaded, and have been listening to it on iTunes ever since. It plays in my mind when I'm not listening to it. Not that I mind, I'm so spellbound by it. I have no idea why.
Below I offer YouTubes of the vocal version sung by Georgia, currently Italy's most popular female vocalist. One of the instrumental versions used in the film follows. Enjoy!
I could understand getting hooked on this. Stunning.
ReplyDeleteThe instrumental version is very compelling indeed. And that photo from the movie! I assume the movie was about blood diamonds?
ReplyDeleteActually, it's about the lives and vicissitudes of a group of women working in a high-end costume shop in Rome in the 70's. The focus is very much on the women who work tirelessly and anonymously to create beauty. In movies, the costume designer gets all the credit, but no one thinks of the people who actually bring the design to life. Here are the words of the chorus:
DeleteMaybe it will come back
My life will come back
Dressed in words and knowing how to live
And deciding
And when it will come
Without stain and without age
Of this eternity we will be the diamonds
Diamonds
I prefer the instrumental version.
ReplyDeleteThis is a little depressing for me. My earworms are always bright, peppy and stupid. To each their own.
ReplyDeleteIf you train hard upon the ice, I am sure that you and David could represent the USA in ice dancing at the next Winter Olympics if you really want it. Your chosen music could also be "Diamanti". Remember that all things are possible for those who believe. The next Winter Olympics will be held in The French Alps. I wonder what costumes you will choose.
ReplyDeleteMuch to my relief, I don't believe in anything...
Delete