18 September 2006

Home Sweet Home

Since I am a hamster, many people assume I live in some sort of cage. Au contraire! A rodent in my position has to maintain a certain style. It simply will not do to have a global tyrant scuttering about in some déclassé Habitrail. So, for your aedification, some shots of the magnificent HamsterLair:

Unofficial visitors, e.g., subjects seeking favors, the conquered seeking mercy for their territory, etc. usually arrive here first, at the Lobby of the Suppliants. I put up some pretty pictures so they won't get bored while they wait.


















I usually receive petitioners in my working office. I don't think you can quite see my desk from here, but it's up there in front. The ceremonial office is a bit too elaborate for day-to-day business, so I prefer to use this one.


















The breakfast nook.

















My "personal space" or rumpus room. One advantage to being a hamster is that we don't have need of a lot of furniture. That really saves on overhead! I have exotic, aromatic shavings strewn over the floor fresh every day. Today it will be tulip-wood; one of my favorites. And with all this room, I don't need one of those tacky exercise wheels. Wheeee!!!

10 comments:

  1. Mmmm, since you are so tiny and furry, I will do you a favor by moving into your humble abode with you and helping you to 'use' the rest of it, that you are too tiny to even bother with.

    I'd do that for you. I'm nice like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How kind of you! What kind of shavings do you prefer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd come to visit too, but I didn't see a tree or a bar... If I must, I have a ficus I could loan you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that would just suck to have to dust that house . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. that hamster looks like a dust rag to me

    ReplyDelete
  6. like bowling with hamsters

    ReplyDelete
  7. the chuckettes strike! (pun intended)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeeek! The palace has been invaded by a family of woodchucks. Call out the guards!!!

    (PS: One has servants to do the dusting, of couse.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. huh, servants playing skittles with the hamster . . . I can see this . . .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reminder to the hamster, the grass along the reflecting pool needs mowing.

    TR & DG

    ReplyDelete