07 June 2008

Look Out Cougs!

In one of the stranger coincidences in my life recently, the dean of arts & sciences at my beloved and mighty place of employ - i.e., my "boss" in a way - has just been named provost at, of all places, Washington State Univ., alma mater of our Good and Right-Trusty Squirrel! Let's just say better you than us. One friend and colleague, possessed of strongish feelings toward our dean, threw a big party at the news. She herself was born and spent early years in beauteous Pullman (check out the National Lentil Festival) and threw an eastern WA themed party, complete with cheeses shipped in from the WSU dairy! (impressive, no?)Be assured we will keep Sq.'s alma mater in our thoughts and prayers here. Happily, the new provost comes after Squirrel and will depart before the Little Rodent hits campus, so no personal harm will be effected. Go Cougs!

4 comments:

  1. Funny I didn't see the dean at the party . . . oh!

    DG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cougar Gold cheese usually goes for about $37 a can, hope you enjoyed a chunk. Now the Crimson Fire is my personal fav, same chedder base with minced jalepenos and red chili flakes added to kick things up a notch. Not to mention the WSU creamery on campus where they make the cheese also makes the best premium ice cream. Always go with the chocolate peanut butter.

    Somewhere I have a picture of myself with Tast. E. Lentil, the mascot of the Lentil festival.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am beyond troubled here

    what else can I say

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pic with the lentil MUST be scanned and posted!

    -- by decree of The Hamster

    ReplyDelete