20 August 2025

Trivia

I've been such a slug lately... I missed announcing the birthdays of Karl I, the most recent (I will NEVER say "last") emperor of Austria-Hungary on Aug 17, 1887, or of his predecessor and great-uncle Franz-Josef on Aug 18, 1830. Felicitations to their All-Highest & Apostolic Majesties!

 In cheerier news, David brought back a new NA from Aldi, Bellini - so peachy!
 
And, once again, Welcome to Northern Virginia...

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm... Non-alcoholic peach bellini. Interesting. Franz-Josef had the best facial hair. I tried checking tri pointe homes website because I love looking at floor plans, but I was blocked. I guess they don’t want any foreigners moving in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheesh, you KNOW I depend on you for updates about the Austro-Hungarian Empire. You disappoint me, Mr. Hamster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so ashamed. I vow to do better in future... 😉

      Delete
  3. Glad I didn't disappoint, peach was not what you asked for. I always though when I lived in a house worth this much, it would be five times larger than it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder what those emperors would think of our wanna-be emperor! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to be King - or Emperor.

    ReplyDelete